No idea what to cook tonight? Let me help you with that. I checked my fridge and the outcome was tasty: wok noodles with green curry.
- 2 onions
- 150 g carrots
- 300g green beans
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 200g mushrooms
- 400g of coconut milk
- 70g green Thai curry paste
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 250g noodles
- for seasoning: salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika powder, fresh citron juice
But to be honest: almost any sort of vegetable works: paprika, zucchini, leek,…
So go ahead and check what you have in the fridge and don’t restrict yourself with the weight indications in this recipe. Experiment!
- Preheat the wok and cut the onions.
- Use a small amount of oil or some water, add the onions and fry them for 3 minutes.
- In the mean time, cut the other vegetables. The rule by thumb is: the harder the veggie, the earlier it has to go into the wok. So for me: I added the carrots and green beans first.
- Let them cook for a couple of minutes, stir and add a little water from time to time.
- Add the coconut milk and the curry paste into the mix.
- Through in the mushrooms, garlic and cherry tomatoes. Put the lid on and let the mix simmer for a couple of minutes.
- In the mean time, boil the Chinese noodles.
- When their done add them into the mix and season to your taste.
- Bon appetit.
Let us know in the comments how you liked the green curry once you gave it a shot!