I JUST LOOOVE ITALIAN FOOD! Anyone with me here? I could eat pasta all day every day till the end of times. So for me one of the biggest challenges when going vegan was to replace some of my favourite dishes and veganize them. I think it’s safe to say that this vegan lasagna turned out pretty great- even my non-vegan friends love it!
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tins of canned tomatoes a 400g
- 1 small can of tomato puree (70g)
- some soy cream
- lasagna sheets
- 400g of vegan minced meat
- vegan cheese
- italian herbs
- Peel and cut your veggies into cubes.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan, throw the onions in and bake them for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vegan minced meat, the carrots, tomatoes and the garlic and stir.
- Add the canned tomatoes and the tomato puree along with some pepper and italian herbs.
- Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes while stiring occasionally until the carrots are softish.
- Preheat the oven to 190℃/ 375°F.
- Layer the meat sauce into a cooking dish and top it off with some soy sauce (to replace the Bechamel sauce).
- Cover with lasagna sheets and repeat the process until you’re out of meat sauce, lasagne sheets or your cooking dish is bursting full 😉
- Top it off with a layer of vegan cheese and put this baby into the oven.
- Cook for 35-45 minutes.
- You can check if it’s ready by pricking a wooden skewer into the lasagna- if you get through easily, you know it’s ready to come out of the oven.
- Serve and enjoy! And don’t forget to take a picture of it and post it on social media to make your friends jealous and hashtag #MelonMondays so we can check out your creations.