This is a simple yet super tasty feel-good food. As a German, my love for potatoes is endless. 🙂 However, the German cuisine can’t take much credit for this fabulous dish. I discovered it after moving to The Netherlands. The original recipe includes plenty of animal products such as meat, butter and milk. So I took the liberty of veganizing it and it turned out so delicious!
- 1kg potatoes
- 150g endive
- 250g vegan meatballs
- 150g vegan pieces of ham
- salt & pepper
- some soy cream
- vegan margarine
- Peel the potatoes and if they you didn’t buy precut endive, cut it into fine stripes.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water on medium heat for 20-25 minutes with closed lid. You can check if the potatoes are ready by poking it with a fork. If it’s soft, you know the potato is ready to rumble.
- Heat up the vegan ham in a pan and mash the potatoes.
- Heat up the vegan meatballs too, when they’re warmed up set them aside.
- Add the endive and the vegan pieces of ham into the potato mash.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and add some margarine and soy cream to your taste.
- You’re Stamppot is ready to serve!