This recipe is basically idiot proof: trust me, I know that as I am far away from being a gourmet chef. The concept of one pot pastas is pretty self-explanatory as you throw all the ingredients together in one pot. This particularly one was inspired by a recipe from Rachel Schultz, which I ‘veganized’. It’s simple, quick and so delicious so perfect for those lazy Sundays.
For 4 people you’ll need:
- 500 gram of Spaghetti
- 650 gram of pasta sauce
- 2 cups of veggie bouillon
- 250 gram of fresh tomatoes
- 2- 3 onions
- 3 cloves of garlic (both, the amount of onion and garlic can be adjusted to your taste. I love both so I use plenty!)
- 1 teaspoon of Chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon of Oregano
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- a hand full of fresh basil
- vegan cheese for the topping
Let’s get started shall we:
- Start of by cutting the onions.
- Preheat a big pot with some olive oil. While it heats up, cut your garlic and half your tomatoes.
- Add the onions into the pot and stir occasionally.
- After 3 minutes, add the garlic and chili flakes.
- Deglaze with the veggie bouillon and pasta sauce.
- Break the spaghetti in half and add them to the pot.
- Add half of the tomatoes, stir and put the lid on top of your pot. Let it cook on small heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- Stir regularly as the pasta gets sticky otherwise. Add the rest of the tomatoes and the oregano.
- Add the basil and spice with salt and pepper.
Now it’s time to enjoy your one pot pasta and top it off with some vegan cheese and basil if you like!
Click here to check out the original recipe.
Let us know how you liked the recipe in the comments below! We would love to hear from you 🙂