- 300g of whole wheat spaghetti
- 300g of fresh spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- juice of half a lemon
- 30-40g of almonds
- 50g of sun-dried tomatoes
- rocket salad
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Bring 2 liters of water to boil and add the whole wheat spaghetti.
- While your pasta is cooking, cut the onion and fry it with some olive oil in a pan.
- In the meantime blend a handful of almonds (30-40g) in your food processor and set them aside.
- Add two portions of spinach the size of your palm and blend them in your food processor.
- Add the almonds, two cloves of garlic and the sun dried tomatoes into the spinach mix.
- Sprinkle the juice of half a lemon on it and blend it all together until you have a thick creamy paste.
- Add the rest of your fresh spinach into the pan with the onion.
- When your pasta is ready, pour off the water but be keep to leave half a glass (100 ml) of the starchy cooking water. Combined with the pesto the pasta water creates a creamy sauce. On top of your spaghetti.
- Take a big pan and add all ingredients together: the spaghetti, your spinach-onion mix and the delicious self made pesto along with some water to make the whole mix more creamy. Stir around until the pesto is distrubited evenly through your pasta. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
Sprinkle some rocket and vegan cheese on top of your spaghetti and enjoy! Crazy how good healthy food can be, right? 🙂